From fabulous fashion to entertaining cinema and rock ‘n’ roll grooves and blues… test your knowledge with Instep’s quiz
1) This is the season for divorce - and marriage. Which actor who famously said these words: 'He is a goat-footed, wheezy, old queen, and all my male lovers agree with me', tied the knot for the second time last week?
a) Ashton Kutcher
b) Shah Rukh Khan
c) Alec Baldwin
d) Bradley Cooper
2) In Veena Malik's film Daal Mein Kuch Kaala Hai, which releases today, Veena plays the following:
a) An emo teen in love with a glittery vampire
b) An ambitious starlet possessed by an angel
c) Mufti Abdul Qawi's reincarnation as an ambitious starlet
d) Ashmit Patel
3) Credited as Master Aamir, Aamir Khan made his Bollywood debut in this 1973 Bollywood flick as Young Ratan/ Monto:
a) Daag: A Poem of Love
c) Yaadon Ki Baaraat
4) After the success of Humsafar, actor Mahirah Khan and playwright Umaira Ahmed have been brought together for another anticipated hit, Shehr-e-Zaat. Which living Pakistani legend has provided the score for this serial?
a) Abida Parveen
d) Saeein Zahoor
5) Karisma Kapoor's comeback film, Dangerous Ishhq deals with the spiritual subject of:
c) Prophetic dreams
6) 1994 Bollywood comedy Andaz Apna Apna cashed upon character actor Shehzad Khan's resemblance to father Ajit 'Loin' Khan in his role as Bhalla. But Shehzad Khan made his first Bollywood appearance in this 1988 blockbuster:
b) Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
c) Pyaar Ka Mandir
7) Toll Crane is the solo project of a member of a Pakistani band. Name the band and the member.
a) Colonel Bumbu of Bumbu Sauce
b) Faizan Riedinger of Mole
c) Talha Asim Wynne of Orangenoise
d) Nadir Shehzad Khan of Sikandar Ka Mandir
8) Which young Hollywood couple met on the movie set of a big superhero franchise?
a) Clark Kent and Lois Lane
b) Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green
c) Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield
d) Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart
9) 1979 Lollywood film Aurat Raj envisions a world with gender role reversal. The film borrows the idea from this humourous work of Urdu literature:
a) Lehren by Shafiq-ur-Rehman
b) Khand-e-Mukarrar by Atta-ul-Haq Qasmi
c) Aab-e-Gum by Mushtaq Ahmed Yusufi
d) Khudanakhwasta by Maulana Shaukat Thanvi
10) This music video by improv artist Ali Gul Pir has been taking Pakistan by storm. Complete the following lyric, 'Saeein tu saeein…
a) …in a material world'
b) …what is the tam?'
c) …saeein ka kutta bhi saeein'
d) …sara jahan hai nikama'
1) c) Alec Baldwin
2) b) An ambitious starlet possessed by an angel
3) c) Yaadon Ki Baaraat
4) a) Abida Parveen
5) a) Reincarnation
6) b) Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
7) c) Talha Asim Wynne of Orangenoise
8) c) Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield
9) d) Khudanakhwasta by Maulana Shaukat Thanvi
10) c) …saeein ka kutta bhi saeein'