"Newspapers, are published for the sake of business but I have
started the 'Jang' to serve the public.
- "Jang is not my personal property it belongs to the public."
- "At first, my enemies targeted my office but now the condition
is such that they wake me up at night by calling and cursing me on
the telephone. I'am receiving continuous threats by various elements
who insist that their news should be given greater importance than
the news about the Prime Minister. I promise to you that I will give
away my life but would not give in to such threats. I believe in the
just and fair treatment of news."
- "I have seen this country go through many ups and down but
seeing the Pakistani army retreat in Dakah shocked me the most. It
is indeed a great tragedy and I don't have words to express my grief.
As a journalist I think freedom of press means that I should have
the freedom to write what I want. I should be given the opportunity
to express myself. I should be free from any kinds of constraints
and fear of being boycotted by the people or my office being attacked."
- "Journalism is not politics. There is a difference between
the two. Reporting is a part of journalism therefore I should be free
to write what I think is right. But with this I'd like to add that
it is not necessary what I consider right may always be correct. I
should be able to write and express myself without any fear, this
is the freedom of press."
- "I'd like to advice the youth to develop a habit of reading
newspapers. Newspapers have progressed in Pakistan but we still need
to go a long way. Our youth does not have healthy reading habits.
If they decide to pursue journalism as a career then they should develop
a practice of extensive reading. This reading should not be confined
to just books but other reading material as well. It is difficult
to progress without this. The future of journalism is in the hands
of our youth. The world is changing fast and if we don't change with
it we will lag behind."
- "Students on one hand are knowledge seekers and on the other
are civilians. They should seek knowledge to the best of their abilities.
They should remember that they are free to have their own political
orientations and point of views. However, they should keep the political
activities outside the premises of the educational institutes otherwise
it will have a negative effect on the educational system and the institute
- "The best news for me was the news about the creation of Pakistan
and the worst news was the news about the split of East Pakistan."
- " During Quaid-i-Azam's lifetime there were no Sindhis, Balochis
or Punjabis, there were only Pakistanis."
- "Our country has given us a lot but sadly we have given nothing
- "Freedom of press means to be able to write freely about the
policies and wrong- doings of the government without having to compromise
- " O Allah I play to you for my forgiveness and for the forgiveness
of my family, relatives and all the Muslims. I pray to you for the
welfare of my newspaper so that it succeeds and continues to serve
- "If your report consists of any word that may invite the anger
the people or endangers the defense and integrity of Pakistan then
it will be edited, but other than this if you write against government
policies or express your opinions on social, political and economic
issues, my agency and me won't object to it and no one would edit
a single word from it."
- "A journalist can work for one organisation or the other. But
the truth is that a newspaper agency cannot function without journalists."
- "Always write the truth even if it is against me. Even if someone
files a case against me for writing the truth, I'm willing to face
- "Always deliver the newspapers on time. If today's newspaper
is not delivered today it will become useless."
- "I have three sons. One of them is Javed the second is Shakeel
and the third is 'Jang' which I love like my own son."
- "I try to stay involved with all the departments of my newspaper
from production to distribution."
- "I am a worker by nature and it is very difficult for me to
get rid of this aspect of my character."
- "I did not have any role model in my family whose footsteps
I followed to become what I am today but my sons have me as an example."
- "We are constantly receiving reports about the violence and
coerciveness of the Indians forces on the Muslims of the occupied
Kashmir. These barbarians do not care about human rights, ethics,
culture or emotions. They are an army of miscreants who are constantly
targeting innocent men, women and children. They have crossed all
the limits and have even desecrated the Holy Quran. Ironically, this
army belongs to a country, which has a secular government and claims
to consider all religions equal. Even Hitler's army didn't stoop to
- "I had the dream and wish to participate in the movement for
Pakistan. Working for the creation of Pakistan meant a lot to me.
One way to contribute to Pakistan's creation was to join the various
flag bearing groups and participate in rallies but this was against
- "My father enrolled me in the commerce faculty. One of my subjects
was short hand and typing. It was because of these subjects that I
found a job. Studying commerce really helped me professionally and
is still helping me uptill now. I think the head of a newspaper agency
or a manager who has studied commerce can do his job effectively."